Saturday, 26 September 2015

Itch!


We’re away this weekend.   Without discussion I booked my husband and I into a gorgeous hotel on the north Cornish coast.   It is easier, I find, to do these things without talking about them first as my husband has a fantastic knack of talking me out of these things, promising me we’ll do something bigger and better another time, which rarely comes to fruition.    So here we are.    The weather is gorgeous, we have an amazing room overlooking the sea, there is a fabulous terrace where we can sip Sauv Blanc and watch beautiful sunsets and I am deliriously happy.    At the start of the weekend I promised myself that I wouldn’t post any pictures on Facebook, as I didn’t want to come across as smug or do exactly what I talked about last time – make out that my life is one massive piece of gorgeousness which proves to people I am sassy and successful and making the most of our time here on earth, blah, blah, blah.   And yet, something kept on niggiling at me.   I couldn’t stop myself.   It was like an itch that just wouldn’t go away.   A little voice whispering in my ear...”Come on!  People have GOT to know about this!    Don’t let this one go unnoticed!   Why keep it to yourself?   Go on.. post a photo!”    And so I did.   I posted a couple of photos with the comment “Happy!”    

WWWWHHHHYYYYYYYY??   Why did I feel the need to do that?   I feel like a complete smug prat now.   And also, WHO CARES??   Really!   Have I helped anyone by letting them know that I’m having a great time in Cornwall?    My close friends know that I’ve gone to Cornwall for the weekend, because I’ve mentioned it in conversation and I’m sure that they wish me a lovely time, and apart from that, no one else gives two hoots.     I promise that I am not going to post another photo on Facebook this weekend... probably... until that itch comes back... sorry in advance.

On another thread altogether, I have to say, I was a little taken aback by the response to my last post!   Loads of people emailed me and I had some amazing comments.   Thank you.    I will, of course, uphold my promise and write about each subject that was requested.... it will take a while to get through them all but a promise is a promise, after all.    Some of them I am looking forward to more than others mind you.  

 If you’d like to know when they come through it would be great if you could follow this blog.  (I've put a little widgety thing to a site called Bloglovin' which means you can follow it that way and see lots of other great blogs too).   That way I won’t have to advertise it on Facebook all the time!
 
By the way... just in case you missed them!


 
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14469405/?claim=xgahtzbfszj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment:

  1. So lovely Lara, it looks beautiful there! I'm looking forward to reading your other posts. I'll follow on G+ and I'd recommend registering your blog on Bloglovin too and sharing the link for people to follow as that's an easy way to keep up with blogs. I hope you're well, enjoy the rest of your time away :-)

    Ami xxx

    ReplyDelete

Bloglovin'

Follow